FICCI Madhya Pradesh State Council along with FICCI Flo Indore is organizing a Webinar on Taking Wings: Women’s Employment, Entrepreneurship and Empowerment on 17 June 2020 from 3:30 pm to 5:00 pm.
The objective of this webinar is to deliberate further on having more women in work force, whether in jobs or as Entrepreneurs.
Women represent half of the world’s population and therefore half of its potential too. However, according to the global gender report 2015, India ranked 136 among 144 countries on the economic participation and opportunities index. China and the US have more than 65 percent and 56 percent respectively of their women population working, even subcontinent neighbors, Nepal and Bangladesh are ahead of India.
Lack of support, access to finance, lack of entrepreneurial education and lack of required skills are some of the reasons, due to which Indian women are unable to formally join the works force or start her own business. However despite these challenges, the recent trends show an increasing interest in taking up the entrepreneurship as a viable livelihood option. Women are being presented with opportunities both at work and businesses, which offer greater work life balance and more such initiatives with the help of private sector participation are required to promote Women entrepreneurship.
The Webinar will be having following agenda:
3:30 pm - 4:00 pm: Inaugural Session
4:00 pm - 4:30 pm: Panel 1 - Taking Wings: Learning from the Journey of Successful Women Entrepreneurs
- Challenges faced by women entrepreneurs
- Taking women entrepreneurship to grassroots levels encompassing Tier 2/3 towns as well as rural areas
- Future of women entrepreneurship - creating a conducive ecosystem
- Experience sharing
4:30 pm - 5:00 pm: Panel 2 - Addressing the Huge Problem of Attrition in Work Force: How to Re-Employ Women Who Have Taken a Break in Career
- Aspirations & hurdles women face while returning to work
- Challenges faced by employers to re-integrate women candidates
- Interpersonal dynamics that women faced at home & at work, due to various social norms
- Optimum work-life balance formula