India’s Indic-Internet and Language Technology sector is expanding rapidly and will play a crucial role in the socio-economic development of the nation in the coming year. Keeping that in mind, FICCI Indian Language Internet Alliance (FICCI-ILIA) is continuously working with multiple stakeholders across the Indian language technology and Indic-Internet industry in India for the sustainable growth and development of the sector. In the same lines, FICCI-ILIA in partnership with Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and Department of Official Languages (DoL) organises its annual flagship initiative “BHASHANTARA” since 2018.
Carrying forward the same momentum, and further to set the dialogues to the next level, FICCI-ILIA, is organizing the 2020 edition of Bhashantara on Tuesday, 01-December, 2020. The prime objective of this year’s symposium is to understand and develop an effective mechanism towards the development and usage of Indic language technologies in various socio-economic sectors like healthcare and education further to give an opportunity to the expansion of Aatmanirbhar Bharat.
- COVID-19 a Challenges or an Opportunity for the Indian Language Technology Services Industry
- Emerging Technologies Reinventing the Translation Industry
- The Era of Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Analytics
- Creating language professionals to meet the demand for vernacular content coming from the next 500 million Indic users
- Role of Universal Acceptance in Indic Internet and Internet Economy
Key Highlights of Bhashantara
- Participation of Senior Government officials and Industry Leaders
- The event will be attended by 400+ subject matter experts, industry leaders, academia think tanks and policymakers.
- Live event on FICCI portal and YouTube
- Interactive Sessions, Special Session and Case Study Presentation