Geospatial technology broadly includes mapping and surveying techniques, remote sensing, photogrammetry, cartography, Global Positioning Systems (GPS) and Geographical Information Systems (GIS). With its unique ability for acquisition, integration and analysis of geographically-referenced spatial information, this technology has in recent times been recognised as an effective tool for planning, management and decision making locally and globally.
- Raise awareness among the citizens and encourage use of geospatial technologies for better information generation and decision making
- Identify successful case studies and models of application of geospatial techniques for replication
- Collaborate with Government at all possible levels to identify and address policy issues in this sector
- Efforts toward recognition to the subject as one of the mainstream options for higher education and career
- Facilitate a common platform to all stakeholders so as to strengthen feed-back mechanism among Government, Industry & Academia
- Assess and enhance the level of engagement across different sectors of economy
- Capacity Building